Omak Stampede 08'

Omak Stampede 08'

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Grand Ronde Pow Wow 08'

Last weekend I went to Grand Ronde Pow Wow with my sisters, mom and dad. It was a crazy weekend.

Friday it took us about 8 1/2 hours to get to the pow wow...by the way normally it would only take 4 1/2 hours....traffic was insane! We got there and boy wow was the tent HUGE! It was really nice. This pow wow was the first contest pow wow on the New grounds.

Saturday was SOOO HOT! I think it reached 106 degrees! Unbearable. I missed first grand entry because I fell asleep but did well in the second one and even learned some NEW moves. Saturday night the weather took an incredible turn! About 1am mom and Sierra awoke to Thunder, Lightening, and Pouring down Rain! They said they felt the ground tremble under us from the thunder. I, of course, slept right thru it.

Sunday was completely different then Saturday. it was overcast, cool, and rainy at times. Then in the evening as we were about to leave the sky cleared and it got a little warmer. Unfortunately, my plumes broke on Sunday, so I borrowed a spreader from Auntie Marg and Uncle Rafi.

Overall we had a good weekend and had lots of fun!

No comments:

Grand Ronde 08'

Omak Stampede Pow Wow 08'

Edmonds Pow Wow 08'

Tulalip Pow Wow 08'

Wildhorse 08'

Muckleshoot 08'