Omak Stampede 08'

Omak Stampede 08'

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Omak Stampede Pow Wow 08'

This last weekend my dad, mom, our friend Nikki "Mickey", my dog Magoo and I went to the Omak Stampede Pow Wow.

There were quite a few dancers and a few drums. It was our first time camping out at a pow wow and my first time sleeping in a tent. We had a lot of fun sleeping in the tent. On Friday night about 3am there was a thunder and lightening storm, my mom was pretty scared, but I never woke up. I slept through the whole thing. On Saturday Mom, Dad, Magoo and I slept in the van. It was cold but not too bad.

I danced very well and had a lot of fun. Someone even put money down on me while I was dancing! My parents were extremely proud of me.

I took third place in Jr. Boys Grass and won my first trophy. This is the third time I've competed and placed....its pretty exciting!

This weekend I think we're off to Grand Ronde or Yakama Legends Pow Wow. I'm excited because my brother and sisters are coming with us this time!

No comments:

Grand Ronde 08'

Omak Stampede Pow Wow 08'

Edmonds Pow Wow 08'

Tulalip Pow Wow 08'

Wildhorse 08'

Muckleshoot 08'